Thursday, June 19, 2014

Elsa Dress--Day 4--Fitting the Corset

Finishing the task of hot fixing the crystals on the corset of the Elsa dress was accomplished today with only a small blunder.  One crystal landed in the wrong place leaving a little glue trail which I had to clean up. Thankfully, it is almost undetectable.  I was glad, also, that the fitting of the corset was successful.  I was a little afraid it might be too small, since that tends to be the trend of today's AG clothes patterns.  Most of the patterns are designed to fit the newer, smaller framed dolls rather than the older, original American Girl dolls. Below is a picture of the corset fitting and the finished crystal and rhinestone application.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, this is Renee of Dollhouse Designs. I just stumbled across your posts about the Elsa gown. I'm loving reading this in order. Your crystal treatment is just stunning! I'm absolutely loving how your gown is coming along. Just had to comment before I get to the rest :)

    ReplyDelete