Friday, June 20, 2014

On a Different Subject

Today as I was reading my Bible, I had just finished watching the news and specifically the hearing on the IRS conservative targeting scandal. Just listening to that man who is the new head of the IRS made my sweet potato pancakes flip over in my stomach. It is so amazing how our country is becoming more and more corrupt with this and other horrible things that are going on in our country. But, apparently, from my reading in Habakkuh the problem with corruption is certainly not new.

Habakkuh was so frustrated with the Lord about why he was allowing all of the similar corruption in Judah to continue unabated. He said in Hab. 1:4 "The law is not enforced and there is no justice given in the courts, for the wicked far outnumber the righteous, and bribes and trickery prevail." (NLB)

But the Lord in all of his wisdom, righteousness, and perfect timeliness responded in Verses 5-11 (NLB): "Look, and be amazed! You will be astounded at what I am about to do! For I am going to do something in your own lifetime that you will have to see to believe. I am raising a new force on the world scene, the Chaldeans, a cruel and violent nation who will march across the world and conquer it. They are notorious for their cruelty...for they clain their power is from their gods."
When I look at the Middle East and what is happening in Iraq (Babylon), Iran (Chaldea), etc. it seems as though history is repeating itself. I sure hope they are not coming for us--as a rod of God's punishment. Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment