Monday, June 30, 2014

Sewing Again on the Elsa Dress

Today, after spending all of last week working on the floors in "our old house," I am finally sewing again on the Snow Queen Elsa dress.  I love to sew and when I don't get to sew almost every day, I get frustrated.

Here are pictures of the almost completed train and corset (bodice), which was the part of the dress that I was most eager to sew.  It is always a curiosity to see if the pattern will fit, if the pieces will fit together properly, if the fabric selections work together, and on this particular design if I would do an acceptable job on the bodice embellishments.  The fabrics that I chose seem to be working pretty well.  At first I did not know if turning the embellished side of the train fabric to the inside and using it as a show-through lining would work, but it turned out pretty well, as did the bodice embellishments.  What do you think?

Follow me to see the dress continue to come together.  I am anxious to see the finished results, and I hope you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment