Monday, October 27, 2014

ANOTHER ELSA DRESS

I decided to try a different pattern and type of fabric for this Elsa dress.  It happens to be the same pattern that was used in the aqua skating dress that I finished making yesterday.  Not only the same pattern by Lee and Pearl was used, but also the same fabric.  The dress turned out great and I love it just as much as the one by Doll House Designs.  The two dresses are entirely different in style and fabric, but both depict the real Elsa dress really well.

This dress is made of four-way stretch fabric and most of the stitches were serged in order to maintain the elasticity of the fabric.  Sewing this extremely stretchy fabric was a great challenge, but it was well worth the extra time and careful attention that I had to put into this project.  Here are some pictures of the finished dress and two more that I am adding of the skating dress.






No comments:

Post a Comment