Monday, February 8, 2016

Getting Ready For Some Real Scrambled Eggs--Country Style

Jim and I just finished putting together my Christmas present--a chicken house.  Now for the chickens.  We haven't done our research on what types of chickens we will be getting or just how to take care of them, but that comes next. (Jim just added this, "I KNOW how to take care of chickens!" We hope to have it fully operational in a few weeks.





This house will accommodate six to eight chickens, which is all we need to produce the eggs that we would like to have for personal use.  We purchased it at Tractor Supply, and hopefully it will serve our purposes.  It has a litter tray for easy cleaning, and as you can see a roaming pen.  What I really like is the cute little flower-box under the window.  Now I don't know if the chickens will care to have flowers, but I think it's a great idea.  Let's see how well I maintain the chickens, then I might be able to grow a few flowers in the window-box!!

I'll catch you up after we get this operation in full swing.


No comments:

Post a Comment